As a photographer trying to break on to the scene, it can be hard building a client list. In today’s post, we will discuss the three things all successful photographers have in common.
1. Seek new clients
Successful photographers are able to identify the needs of potential clients and articulate how their services can fulfill those needs. For example, find a small business and talk to them about how having a great online presence can drive sales. Mention how having great photos is the first step improving their online presence. You can start by finding businesses in your area that don’t have a strong presence on Facebook or Yelp. Examples of businesses to approach include:
- Yoga Instructors
- Personal Trainers
- Car Detailers
- Furniture Stores
2. Establish their credibility
Establishing your credibility as a photographer will increase your ability to convert prospects into paying clients. As a photographer, you are responsible for bringing your clients vision to life. Below are ways to establish your credibility:
- Give your social media audience insight into what you do and how
- Educate prospects on how to take better photos
- Provide tips on things to look for in poorly taken or edited photos
3. Build strategic partnerships
Regardless of expertise and skillset, successful photographers are even better marketers. Without proper promotion of service offerings and abilities, attracting clients will be difficult. One of the easiest ways for successful photographers to market themselves is through strategic partnerships. Building strategic partnerships enables photographers to reach audiences they normally wouldn’t have access to otherwise. Some creative strategic partnerships include:
- Photography tour guide
- Pair up with travel agencies and join travel photography groups
- Brand ambassadorship
- Partner with college programs geared to professional development
- Collaborate with young professional groups to take LinkedIn profile pictures
Remember successful photographers do more than take great photos. In order to continue to grow your brand and client base, you must seek new clients, establish your credibility, and build strategic partnerships.
Have questions? Contact us today, we would love to hear from you.